- 23:13:22: Trying to recall when I went home, 5 years ago tonight. Around now, or a bit later? Satisfied with my night's work. For about 1/2 an hour.
- 23:15:55: I thought I still had that front page. Maybe I just haven't found which box it's in. The one with my personal "Dewey Defeats Truman."
- 23:18:33: Since I can't find it, I can't quote the front page underline exactly. Either "New Orleans escapes worst" or "New Orleans dodges bullet."
- 23:20:08: It was half an hour or 45 minutes after I got home that I found out about the levee breaks online somewhere (probably from @brendanloy).
- 23:23:38: Flipped through news channels, but everyone — CNN, Fox, MSNBC — was on reruns. Finally CNN had a 5th-string anchor relaying a phone report.
- 23:29:57: The self-doubt comes from the Times-Picayune having already posted its PDF with the flooding. Not sure whether AP missed it, or I did.
Tweets copied by twittinesis.com